Thursday, October 27, 2011

Count wheel designed

Here is the design of the count wheel version. I think it looks good. Will also be less noisy than the other version with the swinging pawl hitting the pendulum every second. This will impulse every 30 seconds. The trick will be getting the windings on the solonoid right. so that the pendulum doesn't end up swinging a crazy amount. I haven't wound a solonoid before, and I guess that every one is different, depending on the neatness of the windings (sounds weird but true...)
2D pic...
3D pic...

I received my 400 feet of .25mm enamel coated wire yesterday! So I will try to wind the solonoid this weekend. Cooooool

cheers
rosco

HOLD THE PHONES!

After doing a first prototype, it was apparent that it wasn't goin to work real well in the real world. Mainly the fact of too much friction if the clock isn't totally square.

So here is a redesign... There is a chassis out the back that supports both of the main shafts instead of them being supported on the back plane and the front plane. This will work a treat...I think :)
In the picture below, everything on flouro green has been redesigned.
I have kept some of the design cues from prototype1, but have changed the look a bit, so now you can see the electromagnet on the bottom right.
I think it looks much better.
cheers
rosco

No comments:

Post a Comment