Monday, March 21, 2011

Here's my first Blog

Well here it is...This is the first of the blogs
Here is the second clock that I have designed. (The 3rd one that I have made). I guess that I should name it RB2. It was designed in this shape to look a little like the Eiffel Tower! This is/was a present for my Wifes 30th birthday! It tells the time as well as calculating AM/PM and also day of the week! This is made from 5mm 10 ply Baltic Birch, 8mm 5 ply New Ginnea Ceder (I might have this wrong as its been a while since I bought it) and Rose Wood hands.
This also features a gravity ratchet for almost silent winding and also has a Maintaining Power (the Maintaining Power is a must for a grasshopper Escapement) More about that later...
Hope you love it. I do and so does my Wife!

Ross Batten
P.S. Sorry for the bad commentary below
Ross Batten

No comments:

Post a Comment