Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Seths clock remade with my new skills

Here is an earlier version of RB3. I made this for my son Seth because I had learned so much about efficiency with gears and escapements since I made my first clock for him. This is the incarnation with a name on the bottlom of the face and a little mouse on the RHS top. This is made so it could be a first birthday gift. On the back pannel of the wall stand is the poem "Hickory Dickory Dock" with a special message from Mum and Dad or a grandparent. I also show a picture of the weight drive for it in a previous post. It sports a near silent gravity ratchet, properly designed involute gear teeth and a correct Graham Escapement with no recoil. The escapement has also been moved so that it is easily seen. It can also run for more than 2 days before winding...thats more than 172,800 'ticks and tocks' between winds! or nearly 31million a year!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Roscoe, your wife shared this with me - how beautiful. I love wood carving and clocks. Look forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete