Wednesday, May 8, 2013

3 Mini's and a new Grasshopper!

Well I can't believe that it is over a year since I have posted a blog.
There are now 3 versions of Mini that are running, 2 at home and one at work.
2 of them use the Graham Escapement and there has been a lot of development into a new version of the Grasshopper Escapement. Also a lot of work over the last year into making my clocks more reliable. Essentially I wanted to get them to a point where they don't need any lubrication, and I am pleased to say that I think i have it licked!
Here is a picture of the new Grasshopper...
It has a very particular ballance of parts, and has taken 10 minor version changes to make all of the parts work right!
This new design is based from a design that I found on the net, where the designers have strived to produce the best possible version on the escapement based on Harrison's design principles. Here is a picture of the geometry before it gets made into somthing that is real.



I will post again soon with my new clock design, "Epi" which is short for Epicyclic.
This uses my new design of Grasshopper Esc and is a totally new type of gear train.

Cheers
rosco

No comments:

Post a Comment