Saturday, February 25, 2012

The Mini is ALIVE!

The Mini is running and doesn't want to stop...which is a good sign that the design is good. You will notice the vertical 30cm ruler on its right, leaning against the speaker.

The weights are a little large, but the only things that I could muster at the time. I will be able to make their diameter a lot less by casting solid lead, rather than using lead shot. (Casting gets rid of the air between the small lead balls) The weights drop 10mm per hour, so a 30 hr run gives a fall of 30cm! It is also sporting my new gear tooth design that is proving to be superior to any I have created or purchased/copied.

Here are a couple of construction pics...




Here is a picture before going to bed...

Here is in the morning...

I'll keep you updated!
cheers rosco

No comments:

Post a Comment